Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hit The Road

     Actually I do not know why one would "hit" the road, a rather painful prospect but that is an American slang expression for going to travel. Friday morning arose early with the help of an alarm clock, "hit the road," and ninety minutes later picked up my friend and brother Chris who had asked to join me on my rounds. We have known each other fourteen years and he has been a faithful friend and brother.
     We drove to northern New Hampshire from his home in Connecticut, enjoying the last of the autumn foliage, and good fellowship. There we met up with Ray, the brother who is discipling me. As it was almost noon we spoke a little before going out to lunch at a little, casual sandwich shop. Ray has been developing relationship with the owners to present Christ. We enjoyed several hours of true fellowship before driving on almost another two hours to see Dan.
    I wanted to show Chris some of the written materials that either Ray had given me, or I had produced. Dan was ready for a little review so we looked at the "What is a Disciple Worksheet?, "Basic Maturity Questions," and several others. We enjoyed a good pasta meal, returned and prayed and counseled together.
   Chris and I camped out in the basement. Thankfully he didn't snore. In the morning Dan treated us to breakfast, including his famous bacon before we drove another hour to Steve's house. God has been working in Steve's heart in a wonderful way, and he made an important commitment to Him. We had taken a walk with Dan the previous night, and were blessed with an hour's jaunt along the ocean with Steve. He also reminded me of a video called "Revival Fire," that he and I had listened to many years earlier. I hope to find it on the Internet. I believe that true revival begins with ongoing, intense prayer, bursts into flame with repentance of the Church, and then affects those who do not yet believe.
    Steve's wife Cis made us a hearty lunch and then we went onto Tom's home. God is doing exploratory surgery in Tom's spiritual heart. May He continue the work that only He can do. May I be faithful to pray.
From Tom's to our next stop, a meeting with a small Brazilian church, was about two hours. Chris wanted roast beef, which i had not had for some years so we stopped to get a sandwich for dinner. To our surprise Steve appeared with some friends. Was a wonderful Godincidence.
    Finally we arrived at the home for the gathering. Chris was greeted, enjoyed the people and especially the message about rejoicing in the Lord through a very good translator named Mariana. Unfortunately we had a two hour drive back to his home in the dark and rain so we could not stay too long.
   Slept well and in the morning enjoyed breakfast and fellowship with Chris and his wife Carolyn. Another hour and a half brought me back to my own dwelling. This was a wonderful experience for both Chris and I. He said he would like to do this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment