Thursday, September 10, 2015

Brazil 4:24

Last night attended a home group meeting at my host's place. We were nine in all. Most of our time was spent in sharing prayer requests and praying. The group included both young and middle aged people. For some reason we talked about those with gray or white hair in such verses as Proverbs 16:31, 20:29, and Leviticus 19:32. Tonight is a different group of people gathered specifically for accountable discipleship. This means that they will be asked how they are doing in specific áreas of growth. This morning went on an hour and a half exercise walk through a neighborhood of Brasilia. Brasilia is a planned city with very regular patterns which all look similar. I use the same route every time so i don't get lost. Managed to avoid an aggressive beggar that I encountered yesterday. He and his friends hang out near a supermarket. The climate at this time of year is moderate although many complain of the dryness. There is a large manmade lake, which helps some. A friend told me about an English language international church. I hope to connect with them before i leave. God continues to do His work in my heart. I am very thankful that all believers will be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51 says, "Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed." Received an e-mail this morning that the wife of a friend had passed away. Certainly we can mourn, as "devout men buried Stephen and made loud lamentation over him.." ( Acts 8:2 all refs ESV) But I believe that the Bible paints a dfiferent picture for those who die in Christ, as Stephen did. Psalm 16:11 talks about pleasures at the right hand of God forevermore. Psalm 116:15 says, "Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of his saints." Philippians 1:23 says it is far better to depart and be with Christ. And 2 Corinthians 5:8 reveals, "Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." Rejoice with Jesus, Eileen. May we join you in His time.

1 comment:

  1. Reading these verses has made me very emotional for some reason. I very much desire to know our Creator on a more intimate level. He truly is a father to us and has given us his word and relationships with each other so that we can know him better but it either is not enough or just leads to more desire. I love you Rick and my heart goes out to you in the work that He is doing there.

    ReplyDelete