Friday, March 4, 2016

Brazil Visit 5 Post 1

Yesterday at 7 in the morning began my marathon journey to Brazil and arrived at my destination about mid day today. I prefer not to describe all the waiting and traveling. I do not "travel well." Was welcomed by my first host family in the state of Sao Paulo. As always Brazilian Christians give extraordinary hospitality. Discovered that considerable progress has been made on the two little apartments begun during my last trip. One more month should find them finished. My host said he thought my Portuguese had improved some. Glory to God. By grace this family provides almost total immersion. Even when i spoke in Portuguese to my seat mate on the plane to Brazil, she, a Brazilian, responded in English. The weather is mild, perhaps 70 today, much better than the 19 degrees when i awoke Thursday morning. On the drive from the airport in Sao Paulo to the interior we followed a winding canal for many kilometers which had a little muddy light brown water. The canal divided multi lanes roads going in opposite directions. God is convicting me about ministering the gospel to those who are perishing.I have no excuse. I need to pray for His compassion for them every single day. 1 John 5:16 speaks about a sin that leads to death. As I recall the commentators think that this is either the unforgiveable sin against the Holy Spirit or murder. Today another possibility struck me. If we do not minister the gospel to those whom God has put in our path, and they perish, have we not committed sin that leads to their eternal death. I recognize that this raises all sorts of theological debate re predestination etc. and in no way do i insist on this interpretation but it does raise the question for me. In any event i need to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. You picked a good day to travel, after all it was March Fourth

    ReplyDelete