Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Brazil visit 5, Post 7

Last night while walking along the river in the dark my host showed me two animals that i think are called capybaras. They are nocturnal, a size of a hog and able to swim on or underwater. They were difficult to see in the trees and underbrush and I only got a glimpse before they went into the river. They must be strong swimmers because the current is fierce with recent rain. Last night I was also given an opportunity to speak to the four pastors of the church here and their wives about prayer. After giving a brief summary of my personal testimony we looked at 2 verses in 1 Samuel, ( 3:19 and 12:23) before going to the New Testament. The theme was the importance of praying for those whom they are shepherding. Today I visited the business in which my host and other relatives are involved. They take a type of vinyl that is similar to what i have seen on shower curtains and produce various items for distribution. About eighty people work there, nine hours daily and eight on Friday with a 90 minute break for the midday meal. They are paid a monthly salary. My Portuguese must be improving a little as I told 2 jokes during the midday meal today. Also resolved to have a daily time of prayer exclusively in Portuguese in addition to the others in English. Finished memorizing Psalm 23 in Portuguese. Will meet with a house group tonight with 35 or 40 people and share on the Word of God itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment