Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Things in the Little State

God gave me the opportunity of visiting Rhode Island yesterday. Except for driving thru on I-95, I don't think i've been there for decades. I'm glad I did. Gathered with a number of families and young adults and learned of any number of people who are exploring apostolic practice of NT church life. Our Lord continues to encourage me by showing the need for what He has called me to do. Heard a wonderful testimony about her salvation from a young woman who just graduated from college. Her enthusiasm was a joy to experience. She is preparing for a year long stint in Germany to work among university students there under the auspices of Campus Crusade. Again i was reminded that we need to put our efforts towards presenting the good news of the gospel to those who don't know him rather than attempting to pull people out of traditional churches. If the Holy Spirit wants them out, He will lead them. Let's not just shuffle the deck.

Also visited my sending church in Cambridge, MA. The hospitality of these saints is wonderful. We had as many visitors as we did regulars but no problem. Among the visitors were a couple, Ross & Trina, whom the Lord has also called into full time itinerant ministry. I warmly recommend them. God wants to raise up a number of saints who are willing to live simply in order to encourage, mentor and bless the body on a full time basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment