Wednesday, February 10, 2010

House of Cards

Way back in my senior year of high school I took a course in economics by a Mr. Herring, one of the best teachers I ever had. To my surprise, my sense at the conclusion of the year was that the world economic system was a house of cards. Decades later I have no reason to change that view. I am not a prophet so I am not predicting anything but I do have the strong impression that only God is holding this whole thing together, and He could let it crash at any time. I am not advocating physical preparation such as precious metals or food storage (been there, done that in the 70's) that's up to you, but rather spiritual preparation. If the whole thing does come tumbling down it should provide the best opportunity to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lifetimes. So let's not wait for something that may or may not occur but get to work now.
Some verses on the love of God.
"This is my beloved Son; listen to him." (Mark 9:7)
"For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God." (John 16:27)
Jesus prays "that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." (John 17:26)
Nothing "will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
(Romans 8:39)
"Finally brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you." (2 Corinthians 13:11 ESV)

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite sure that the the gospel of Jesus Christ is central regardless of what happens around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sense is that the gospel of Jesus Christe should be preached and attended to regardless of what happens around us.

    ReplyDelete