Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spiritual Hunger

God keeps revisiting this theme in my life. He is impressing upon me that we are too easily satisfied. It's like a person invited to a banquet, who comes in, takes a cube of celery (nothing against celery, but I'm not persuaded that it has any significant nutritional value) and leaves saying, "I'm full. No need to eat any more." I'm praying for hunger for God like David expresses in the Psalms. "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" (Ps. 42:2ESV) Or "I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land." (Ps. 143:6) "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." (Ps. 63:1 ESV) Jesus says, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matt 5:6 ESV) Father, give us hunger for you.

For those keeping track, my departure from N. CA has been delayed one week. I'll leave Monday, March 8, for S. CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment