Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Maturing

Seven days of illness, fever, chills and a deep hacking cough, have slowed me down some but God continues faithful. I am excited about e-mail contact with a brother Felix, who is planting house churches in Uganda, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I am thankful that I am seeing God more clearly in my life, and in those around me.
In previous posts I have mentioned a brother named Marvin a number of times. He regards me as a spiritual father. (1 Cor. 4:15) I regard this role as one of the greatest privileges I have in Christ. While I attended a conference in Southern CA, which I intend to blog about in my next post, his 22 year old son died in an automobile accident. Marvin's first thought was to find me. When I wasn't around he made a mistake. Through this God taught him a crucial, indispensable lesson. Humans have limitations, are not always available, will disappoint us. God will never leave us or forsake us." (Hebrews 13:5) God is always available, always wants to hears from us. He has infinite resources; man has puny ones.
God may choose to minister through people but He alone can meet our needs. The lack of a deep, trusting, intimate, growing personal relationship with God is the source of much dysfunction within the Body of Christ. People latch on to a person, often draining them dry, or put someone on a pedestal. Their inevitable fall causes much pain and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment