Monday, June 7, 2010

Back in Beantown (Boston)

Last Wednesday I returned to the Boston area after nine months of travel plus two months in Connecticut. My good friends Josh & Rema provided a warm welcome. That evening had dinner with Matt & Mary (thanks for the veggie pizza, Mary)& Gary. Had a good time of prayer & worship. Had good fellowship with Josh on Thursday & took a walk down a bicycle path. Friday I had the joy of participating in the men's group at Jake's mechanic shop that i attended for several years before my departure. Good time of prayer & fellowship. Later that morning went to the dentist to make the equivalent of a mortgage payment on his house in exchange for work on one tooth. Ah, the bane of my physical existence. Am really looking forward to the new bodies we will receive in the next life. (1 Corinthians 15:35-49) Saturday had a good visit with my friend Gary. Am very thankful for his friendship & our brotherhood in Christ. Off to see my brother Kevin & his family. Torrential downpour flooded the soccer field where his son hoped to finish his game. Took a long walk along semi-rural roads.
Sunday finally got to gather with my home house church, the people who sent me out last year. Ironically many of them were away, but God blessed us with a number of visitors. We had widespread, encouraging participation. I hope to see the rest of them next week. Then off to Gloucester with my friend Russ, an elder at a traditional church, who has graciously committed to attending the group once a month to encourage us. He provides a helpful, objective outside influence. I thank God for him.
For the moment I am still traveling from place to place in New England, hoping to see all the many people with whom God has provided me with relationship. Anticipate remaining in New England for the summer. After that I don't know what God has for me- further travel, possibly internationally, or settling somewhere, and if so, where? Appreciate the prayers of the readers of this blog that I receive God's direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment