Sunday, June 20, 2010

Northern Conn.

Rejoined the prayer/support/accountability group that i walked with for many years prior to beginning itinerant ministry. Met a newer member, Ron, for the first time and caught up with the others. Am very thankful to God for sustaining them. I believe all Christian men would benefit from participation in a similar group meeting on a regular basis.
Thursday had the joy of spending time with my brother and friend Josh, looking at themes like conflict, eldership, and God's creation. A very special privilege and joy for me to receive Josh and his wife Rema's hospitality & fellowship. They granted me a rare privilege of listening to the saga of my youthful European travels. Thanks, guys. On Friday off to make my mortgage payment at the dentist, a lengthy traffic laden drive to northern CT. & the hospitality of Nathaniel & Eden, a godly young couple.
Saturday we were off on a hike in a state forest to the Heublein Tower. Good exercise, enjoyment of God's creation, and their fellowship. The previous night we visited the plaque commemorating the spot where Jonathan Edwards preached his famous sermon, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."
Sunday they hosted the brethren at their home. We enjoyed the Lord's Supper and worship together. Had an opportunity to speak on the theme of conflict between believers.
"Go to my brothers and say to them,'I am ascending to my Father and to your Father, to my God and to your God." (John 20:17b ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment