Monday, August 23, 2010

Computer Problems

Those of you who have read my blog for awhile know that i am a graduate of Techno Dunce University. I have tried to post a blog entry all this week. Last wednesday I met with John & Bruce, two brothers with strategic vision, who are catalytic for this area & the world. It was a privilege to connect them together, the beginning of what I trust will be a fruitful relationship for the Kingdom of God. On Friday I got together with my friend Josh. God is preparing him for abundant fruitfulness in Him. I thank God for our relationship as he & his wife prepare to go to Asia for three weeks.
Most of this last week has been spent in preparing for M. T.'s wedding, culminating in our celebrating on Saturday. I had no idea how much work this would involve, including memorizing the wedding ceremony & reciting it about seventy times beforehand. But God was glorified as we prayed together, gave a brief message about His perspective on marriage, and celebrated with Him.
As I have said numerous times 99% of our time, money and energy goes into a ceremony and a reception, that while unique, will only last a few hours. Virtually no time, money or energy goes into preparing people to live for a lifetime in a God honoring way. Just about anyone can speak vows and plan a party. Far too few come to the end of their time on earth married to the same person, and having fulfilled the Ephesians 5 desire to have their relationship reflect that between Christ and the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment