Monday, August 16, 2010

Two for One

I have been quite dilatory in posting so will give two for one, the first, more of an itinerary of people visited; the second a few thoughts on themes/questions that have arisen.
On Sunday, August 8th, had the privilege of visiting a group in S. Hadley, an offshoot of a group in Conn. I'm thankful for Wayne & Charlene's faithfulness over many years. Am praying for their group's outreach to the college campus next door. One young couple comes from Pittsfield, where I grew up.
On Wednesday evening had the privilege of dinner at the home of Steve & Donna, a couple I am getting to know. Donna worked very hard to prepare a delicious meal & Steve educated me on the theme of storm chasing. We discussed and prayed for their outreach to people in a housing project in the Worchester area. She has a gift in inspiring worship, and he has a rare serenity exuding from his spirit.
On Thursday visited Ben & Jill & their infant daughter April. Ben has a number of gifts & interests. Am thankful for our time together. That evening met with the support/accountability group- prayed and counseled together. Friday evening had dinner, fellowship & prayer with John, Danielle & their family. What a precious couple in God's sight. John displayed a rare responsiveness that gives me great encouragement for his walk with Christ in the future. We talked over many things, including outreach to his neighbors, with whom he enjoys good relationship.
Saturday spent much of the day driving to & back from the Cape, where we rehearsed M. T. & C's upcoming wedding, a beach affair, which requires me to project much more loudly than I am accustomed to doing. We worked through everything, pausing to ask God's help & grace at one point. Looking forward to celebrating with God on what He has done in bringing them together.
Finally on Sunday, did a doubleheader, visiting with a group in NH in the morning, and with my home HC in E. Cambridge in the evening. I had fellowshipped with the NH group for a full year, some years ago, and it was a particular pleasure to do so again. Kids are growing up, teenagers are becoming young adults, and God is sparking more of an outward focus. Our brother Ross visited as well- a pleasure to see & have interaction with him. Am very encouraged by Kent, Rick & Larissa.
Delighted to worship with the saints in E. Cambridge again. God is faithful & I am delighted that they have thrived in my absence. Thanked them for sending me out, which enabled me to bear fruit in the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment