Monday, August 23, 2010

Visiting in R. I. & Quincy

God continues to bless me with the opportunity to visit brethren meeting in homes. Sunday morning I trekked to Rhode Island, through steady rain, to visit John & Cindy and the saints who gather at their home. When I was there last summer, a young woman named Shannon visited, en route to Berlin, where she planned to serve as a missionary with a campus ministry. Neither she nor I had visited in the interim. in God's timing she appeared again yesterday. She is a bubbly, fervent believer who, unlike most of her team, has committed to a second year in Germany. I shared on the theme of honor, and we enjoyed food and fellowship together. Cindy gave me a book by a man named Francis Chan ( Crazy Love) who seems to be taking the mega church he pastors down a house church path.
Traveled thru more rain to a group in Quincy, MA which I had not previously visited, although I had met some of the people. They are a younger group, with strong singing voices, most of whom went to school in Arkansas before moving to Boston to minister the gospel. A brother named Chris shared a well thought out and planned study on the theme of brokenness, using the Sermon on the Mount as his text. They are very open to connecting with the group in E. Cambridge. Drove home thru more rain to my temporary residence. Please pray that God will provide lodging for me in E. Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment