Sunday, December 12, 2010

ESL

Am halfway through my TEFL training. Quite a roller coaster ride. I have always thought that I learn most things by reading but taking this course has revealed that I learn by doing. Once I reflected on forty years of working with my hands this made perfect sense. I find interacting with students fulfilling and enjoyable; it will take a long time to master the material. As a native speaker I practice English grammar every time I speak or write. The challenge is to explain it to someone else. A second reality is that many of the students understand the mechanics of grammar better than I do. So I must draw it out of them to help the others.
Good time with the Cambridge brothers Saturday morning. We continue to explore the theme of apostolic traditions. We have come to an overall consensus that we should follow the traditions of the apostles because of the lack of a Biblical alternative, while reserving the actual interpretation and application of the specific traditions to subsequent sessions.
Also blessed in fellowship with our brother Gary. What a precious saint he is in the sight of God. May he receive wisdom and discernment from our Lord Jesus Christ.
A special thank you for all who are praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment