Thursday, December 23, 2010

Graduation & Beyond

Graduated from a demanding and rigorous TEFL course yesterday that, at times, I thought I would never complete. It was a challenging, satisfying, and revealing experience. I worked together with a group of eight fellow students and two instructors whom I had not previously met, people of various backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities. Graduating opens many potential doors, many overseas. Time will tell which should be pursued.
I am thankful to get my life back. Just last night had the joy and privilege of worshipping with Brazilian brethren, courtesy of our brother Marcio. We in the U. S. have much to learn from their hospitality, strong families, joy, and fervor. Within a couple of minutes of meeting a brother visiting from Brazil, I received a genuine, warm offer to visit him at his home there. I am thankful that Marcio and his wife Jana have received a word from the Lord to serve as a bridge between the Brazilian and American church. We are all brothers and sisters of God's family.
Am also looking forward to visiting and fellowshipping with precious brethren whom I have not been able to get together with over the last month. At the same time I need to study English grammar daily so I can explain the mechanics of the language to ESL learners. "To the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen." (Romans 16:27 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment