Friday, December 31, 2010

Year End Reflections

As I look back over 2010, I began the year in the S. F. Bay Area working with a group there. A fond memory. March 1 saw me depart for southern CA, where I helped my daughter and son-in-law move, spent time at a ministry to the homeless in San Diego, and began my trek back east. Spent time with my sister and brother-in-law in MO & wrestled with my tax return. April found me in Memphis in a long lasting community, and later in Atlanta in another that began decades rather than years ago. May began the E. Coast ascent, which deposited me back in New England in the beginning of June. By July I believed that God wanted me to stay for awhile rather than continue my peregrinations thru the U. S. Revisited eighteen different groups over the next six months, lived with friends for two, and then into a room in the city for the remainder of the year. In December completed an ESL teaching course.
During the year I found myself listening a lot, becoming more flexible, a little more loving (I hope). God graciously provided for my needs through a number of people.
I met quite a few new people and saw others I had not seen for thirty or more years. Thankfully I was able to keep up many existing friendships.
One phenomenon that I experienced a number of times was paying for someone else's sins. Whenever we don't allow God to heal us emotionally/spiritually, or we don't forgive, we begin to plant anger inside us. Then a catalyst, often inadvertent, triggers that unhealed or unforgiven place in our soul, and we take it out on someone else.
Fellow shipped with Gary yesterday, and had the privilege of observing what remarkable things God is doing in his life. When we allow the Holy Spirit to lodge the Word of God in our hearts, and begin to respond there is no limit to what God can do in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment