Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pre Blizzard Reflections

After several days of relaxation following the completion of my TEFL course, God blessed me with the privilege of providing a ride for Caleb & his fiancee Jacki as we went to celebrate at his parent's home yesterday. Caleb is a godly young man whom the Lord is placing in the artistic community as a witness. Jacki is a sculptor, which reminded me of one of my favorite images of God, as one chiseling away the garbage from our lives to reveal Christ within. Caleb's brother Nic joined us along with his grandparents. Caleb's mother Debra prepared quite a feast for our delectation. His dad John, a friend of twenty-six years, read a passage about Simeon waiting for the birth of the Messiah from Luke 2.
Earlier in the day I had opened a gift from my daughter, a photograph of her and her husband depicting absolute bliss. I am thankful to God for their happiness.
As is my habit of many years, I am reading through the Bible in consecutive order and have just finished Romans. Truly the Bible is an inexhaustible treasure for those to whom the Holy Spirit reveals it.
As I glance out the sole window of my room I see occasional swirling flakes, the precursor of what the weather people say is a blizzard with at least two feet of snow and very high winds. I don't intend to venture out until it is over, and then I get to shovel out my car. Oh, the dubious joys of New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment