Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Brazil 4-19

Traveled from Bahia back to Vitoria in a rather nerve wracking taxi ride. As I have experienced in the past, there was severe tailgating, passing on hills, in other vehicles' passing lanes, excessive speed etc. This went on for about 250 miles. After some confusion returned to the home of my friend Herculis and family. God has blessed him with them. Regular readers may remember that i was visited in the states by a young Brazilian brother named Marcos. He picked me up after lunch, and we went to the beach. Very few people because it is not the season. We had coconut water, fellowship, a little grammatical correction, and then a visit to a famous coffee shop, which was very busy. Then we went to his parent's home where i was fed yet again. ( I am learning to nibble) His dad is from Peru, and i am able to discern his accent which i could not have done previously. Visited Vinci, and then returned to my host family. Their cousin lives with them and is studying to be a doctor. I don't know the whole story but it is very common for various people, related or not, to live in other's homes for extended periods of time. Continued my conversations with the daughter of the family,who exhibits a strong desire to learn English and is not at all shy about practicing. She told me about a trip to the famous falls at Iguacu, near Argentina, and a subsequent trip into Paraguay, in which the Lord really touched her life. Today I traveled again. My original ride to the airport was not available but, no problem, a retired man in the church who was running on the beach, received a call asking for his assistance, and sure enough, he was at the house at 11:30 punctually, and took me to the airport. Waited for awhile, and miraculously the gate was not changed during that time. This airline, which i had not flown previously, had spoken information only in Portuguese, not English also, but served free snacks, unlike the other airline. Flew to Rio, waited for an hour, and flew to Campinas in the rain. My friends arrived and we went to their home on a well maintained, multi lane highway separated by direction. The secret. Rather stiff tolls. My new host family has a pretty little five year old granddaughter. Maybe in a few days i will be able to understand her rapid free speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment