Sunday, August 30, 2009

Prayer etc.

As I ready for a Tues AM departure on Sept. 1, I thank God for a season of transition these last two months. I thank Him for His provision of a restful place to lodge, and for the opportunity to visit my declining mother many times. I am grateful for all the individuals, families and groups I have had the privilege and joy of interacting with this summer. Today marked one last hurrah until I return (God willing) to NE in the spring. Our Lord brought saints together from four different home groups in the greater Boston area to a park in Cambridge, MA. Most had not met previously but our membership in God's family as brothers or sisters of Christ provided a quick rapport. I am encouraged by this beginning and pray that it will lead to closer relational bonds between these saints.

If I may request anything from you, it is your prayers. In many ways this represents uncharted territory for me. In other ways I feel like God has created me for this specific ministry. Pray I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. (Heb. 12:2) and point others towards Him. Pray that I am responsive to the Holy Spirit, speaking when I should, listening when I should, praying often. May I glean from those I encounter so that I can pass that on to others. May I walk in the balance of love and truth with humility of heart and mind.
May our God bless all of you abundantly in His love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment