Thursday, March 18, 2010

Carlsbad

Drove down late Monday afternoon to Carlsbad & spent the evening & the next day with my friend Ron & his wife Delia. Ron has a strong vision for the relational unity of the Body of Christ as Jesus prayed for in John 17 and is also an established commercial artist. We enjoyed good fellowship together. Tuesday morning Kerry & Johnny, two brothers I know from a sojourn in San Diego ca 1978-81 came up for lunch & fellowship. Kerry is an aspiring writer who rendered dramatic readings of two short stories he had written, one about a physically challenged neighbor & the other about memories of the Eel river in Weott, CA. Always a treat to interact with another writer.
That evening Ron, Delia & I went to see a short film made by a young man whom they have known for many years. Titled "Bible Thumpers", it took a semi campy look at spiritual warfare. Daniel has great potential for the future. Returning to Ron's home I mentioned that God Himself is the source of all genuine creativity because He made everything & continues to create with every new sunrise & cloud formation. "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies show the work of his hands." (Ps. 19:1)
Wednesday morning received a call from my friend John, just prior to his four day visit to a prison with a team of men to minister. He asked me to visit a young family struggling with some issues. I spent two hours listening, counseling, asking questions, seeking discernment and wisdom from God for them. In a nutshell this is why I'm out here doing this itinerant ministry rather than back in Boston making money. Even though we had never met one another I believe God used my availability (in contrast to ability)as a vessel for Him to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment