Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My most disliked verses in the Bible

Three days of struggling through computer generated tax software in order to do one Federal & two state returns brought me to the point of meltdown. And all because of a couple of verses (Romans 13:6-7 cf. ! Peter 2:13) that instruct those who follow Christ to pay taxes. It does not matter that I am in strenuous disagreement with most of what the money is spent on, nor my qualms about its constitutionality. Nor does my frustration with computers count for much. "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and all who live in it." (Ps. 24:1) Everything belongs to God; He has given me a fraction as a stewardship, and the command to pay taxes. As Jesus said, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's." (Matthew 22:21)

Thankful to take early morning walks again, although the reality of no shoulders on these country roads has me down in the ditch every time a car approaches. Various canines also wish to make my acquaintance, that I might supply them a meal, or at least the satisfaction of driving away an intruder on their personal highway.

Should trek on to Memphis soon, crossing the Mississippi River, and entering the eastern half of the U. S. Looking forward to my southern swing including some states- Alabama, Miss, Georgia that I've never visited. God is faithful, may I emulate Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment