Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Delaware

Last Thursday drove to Dover, DE, home of my friend George's friend Denny. Had not previously visited Delaware. Now the only states I have not ever traveled in are North Dakota, Louisiana, Alaska & Hawaii. Denny provided hospitality & fellowship for me, introducing me to a number of the saints. Kenny has a vision for multiplying cell churches. He asked whether house churches were multiplying. I regret that for the most part the answer to his question is no. On Sunday we attended both their larger gathering (all the cell groups), and in the evening one cell group. This one has a younger couple, who had lived together, came to Christ, and realized their need for marriage. The bride, who came from a hard background, testified that for the first time in her life she felt like she had a caring, genuine family. That represents the best testimony I've heard in my travels. Kenny has a heart for evangelism & a desire to minister itinerantly.
Denny also introduced me to a woman named Hana (approx. 75), a woman of prayer & faith. We got together with several others to pray Saturday morning. Although they feel isolated in Delaware, God is working in their midst. Also had fellowship with a couple named Jay & Ellen, and explained the house church approach to them.
Took a walk one evening & saw more rabbits than I've seen anywhere in my travels plus two dead black snakes by the side of the road, one squished by a car. Our Lord Jesus has crushed Satan under His heel & given us victory. "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." (Romans 16:20 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment