Friday, May 14, 2010

Virginia

Hiked to Bradley Falls with two flower aficionados. Quite spectacular although we could not get close to the actual water. Next day I went off with Kevin and observed bumper paint repair, a trade closely related to my old one. Kevin & Suzette's property reminds me of "The Land" in Mendocino, where they and many other friends of mine lived at one time. Little cabins, gardens (both flower & vegetable) chickens, four dogs, a tiny brook running through by a huge willow tree & people flowing in & out added to the effect. Tuesday I had the fulfillment of encouraging Jesse & Shannon, a younger couple living on the place temporarily, and also a neighboring brother named David. Nothing is quite like doing what God gives you to do.
In the evening I enjoyed fellowship with Ed & Elenore, former missionaries to Guatemala, and parents of two of the saints in the S. F. house church. Spoke about my limited connection with Guatemala, the end times, the brethren in S. F. & other topics. I remain amazed at God's work in my life. I, the former introvert & loner relished fellowship with two people I'd never met before. Ed & I took a walk after dinner. As readers of this blog know, I like to walk; it's rare to find a fellow walker.
Wednesday I drove almost five hundred miles to a Virginia suburb of Washington D. C. & then to a conference with Joe & Patti, and Ray, friends from the old days in G. O. Met their son Justin & Ray's friend Merril. Got back to their house at 1 a.m., got up at 6:30, off to the second day of the conference & not back until midnight. I confess I'm not a young guy anymore. I'm worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment