Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Miller

Visiting my friend Miller in western PA the last several days. He is one of the most encouraging people I know. Through e-mail his ministry extends worldwide. I've had the blessing if introducing about ten of my friends to him, and he has provided abundant encouragement to them. On Monday I drove from Dover, DE to the Pittsburgh area, experiencing a 90 min. traffic jam in which I traveled four miles, and the "privilege" of paying almost $10 in tolls for a 150 mile cruise on the Penn. Turnpike.
Tuesday Miller & I strolled around a local lake & a college track. Today we had lunch with a young pastor named Anthony, an engaging, enthusiastic brother. Miller's friend Mary came over this afternoon & they played a piano duet (Variations on a Theme by Haydn) by Brahms for me. She has encouraged me greatly in my fiction writing. Tomorrow I travel to Scranton to visit my friend Rob & his wife Shalom.
Last night & this morning we spoke to our friend Stephen from Miss. He sounded full of joy & we enjoyed our fellowship with him. He gave the following verse for us to ponder. "It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes." (Psalm 119:71 ESV)
We also watched a video about the young Chinese pianist Yundi Li. God has given him staggering talent; may he use it for His glory.
I've also begun reading "The Apostolic Bible," a interlinear featuring the Septuagint (Greek translation of the OT)& the NT in Greek. The English translation reflects the Greek word order. The title is based on the fact that the apostles quoted from it, rather than the Hebrew OT, in the NT writings. Thank you Kevin C for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment