Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Maryland

Gradually making my way back to New England. Am currently enjoying the hospitality of Ray & Dorothy in Maryland. They took me to a Celebrate Recovery meeting at their church attended by about a hundred others. Evangelical churches are good at programs, structure, & order. May the Holy Spirit change people's hearts. Ray has also given me an overview of leather furniture repair, a close relation to the automotive upholstery repair I did for 27 years.
Further thoughts about the conference. It often felt like i was attending a rock concert, with extremely loud music and enthusiastic fans gyrating in front of the stage. Speakers tended to shout & yell incessantly. I wondered whether they thought God (or the audience) was deaf. A saying told to me, "What offends the mind, reveals the heart" implies that one must discard all prior experience, discernment & wisdom. Yet the emphasis on reveling in the presence of God, waiting upon Him, interceding for individuals, groups, nations, or the world are of immense importance.
Am thankful for the good reports that I am hearing from my sending home church in Massachusetts. God promises that we will reap what we sow, (Galatians 6:9) that we should not grow weary in well doing. After faithfully sowing for two plus years in the current manifestation, they see growing fruit. Thank you, Jesus. May your grace be with them. (Phil 4:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment