Monday, June 10, 2013

Cachoeiro

Cachoeiro is a small town about two hours away from Vitoria, Brazil.  Vinci, Samia, Asaph, Karen & I left Saturday morning to go there. My friend Vinci missed his true calling of race car driver so I'm sure we got there in record time.
    On the way he gave a testimony. I had quite a few X-rays taken for dental work the first afternoon of my visit. While this was happening, he spoke to the receptionist, who rededicated her life to the Lord.
    Upon arrival we went to the home of Vasni and Miria. Their two young adult daughters served us a great meal, and we had good fellowship. One of the ideas of my going to Brazil was to have immersion in Portuguese.  Except for those with whom I traveled none of the people I met in Cachoeiro had more than a couple words of English. I can say basic things like "What time is it? Where is the bathroom? Do you have children?" but unless people speak at turtle speed I understand very little. So it was an interesting experience. I stayed at the home of a couple named Arildo and Nilza. He is an agronomist. At one point he mentioned a connection with Purdue but I didn't catch it because of his pronunciation.
    Flexibility is key because i am not used to staying up late. I am learning to take a nap and to eat slowly because there is always more food coming. Sunday evening had an opportunity to speak at the church. Gave my testimony of how Jesus has shown his love and truth to me.
   special note to my friend and faithful reader, Rob A. I didn't know this but Vinci has started a Christian motorcycle club. He has a classic "hog." It took awhile to explain what that means. We have to get you down here, bro. You would have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment