Thursday, June 27, 2013

Proverbs 31

Proverbs 31:10-31 gives an extensive description of God's view of femininity, she is called a virtuous woman or a wife of noble character. Of course the description of one who serves and gives is in complete opposition to current feminist ideals but this is the reality of the world we live in. There are two Kingdoms- the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. While staying in Carangola at the house of my friend MA, I experienced the reality of the Proverbs 31 woman. MA's wife Cida is an excellent example of this. She speaks no English so our communication was limited to my Portuguese and MA's intervention but she worked very hard to serve me, an American with whom she really has nothing in common except Christ. God has blessed MA abundantly with such a loving woman. May God bless her for the kindness and generosity given to me.
     Last night my friends Gilmar, Ana, and Marcos took me to a home gathering in Aracruz. There were about twenty-five people including children- less affluent, a little shy- but Marcos translated and i was able to talk about the ministry of the Holy Spirit in revealing the Word of God to us. The verses or passages that I used were John 14:26, 16:13, 17:17, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, and the related passages of 2 Peter 1:16-21, and Matthew 17:1-8. The listeners ranged from those who cannot read to a man who- through Marcos- asked me very detailed questions about the Matthew 17 passage, which God helped me to respond too. Very thankful for the opportunity to give something of what God has given to me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment