Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Festa

Last night Gilberto, an older prophetic brother, came to the gathering of about one hundred in an open roofed area of Marcos' house. We had a time of worship and then an extended time of fervent prayer. A number of people gave testimonies and i prayed for several people. Due to my injury i am on crutches now. The last time was twenty-six years ago from playing basketball. Only a week then. Hopefully no longer now. I went to bed at eleven although the meeting went on several hours longer.
   This morning i was unable to join Gilmar for a morning walk but did have an encouraging conversation with Sandro. He is a fervent brother who served seven years in a very dangerous country and is now involved in training missionaries and providing respite for others. With the help of Gilmar organized a return visit to the fazenda where I had visited a month before. About twenty-five men are being ministered too there. Instead of just Gilmar and me, we were about sixteen in number. We worshiped, gave testimonies and exhortations and brought a lot of rice, fruits and vegetables. I believe a number of the brothers and the people there were impacted. There is more that God wants me to do in that situation and I desire His wisdom to know what.
    No actual meeting tonight but much "barulho" noise, continual laughter, fellowship and no one is drinking. Eating and fellowship has been going on for days on end. I was assured that this is actually unusual. The Brazilian Christian appetite for this seems insatiable.
   I had a checkup this morning and there is no infection in my wound, which was the concern. I think the stitches come out in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment