Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Milagre de Deus/ Miracle of God

     For many years I have carried a burden from the Lord to encourage, model, and teach people to read the Word of God, and to seek and receive revelation from the Holy Spirit in order to truly know God and fulfill the purpose for which we were created- to glorify Him. While i am not intending to give up on this the fruit of my labors has not been large. Last night He gave me great encouragement. The day had been restful as i waited for the next change. I often compare myself to the tail of a dog, as in the dog wags the tail, a comparison my Brazilian friends find humorous, because i usually don't know what is happening next. I had passed up an opportunity to accompany some young friends because i thought that i was moving to another house. Later i learned that this may happen today.
    So I accepted an invite to go to the beach at night. This turned out to be a birthday party for a young man turning twenty. I had met his dad previously and talked with his sister as well but had not connected them together as a family. Eventually about thirty young people gathered. Thiago and Bruna from Brasilia had accompanied me. They played games in the sand while i spoke to the dad whose name i don't know how to spell or pronounce.
   Later Andre and his namorada came. She lived in the US during several years of high school and speaks good English. We spoke and eventually were joined by Thais, and another young woman who said she has learned English from movies and TV rather than school. In Portuguese words that begin with the letter R have a H sound instead. At one point Thais was talking about hock and holl. It took me a minute to figure this out.
   Later a young man named Paulinho and a young woman named Graziela who has lived in the UK for over four years and I spoke. Was extremely impressed by their serious fervor for God, deep knowledge of the Word including references, and their understanding of the relationship between the Spirit and the Word. They are true disciples. I would like to have more time with them. I now believe that this work of God in a person' life is miraculous because so few "Christians" seem to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment