Saturday, October 31, 2009

Northern CA

After spending Sunday night with my daughter and son-in-law, I returned to Bill & Ileana's home in the "Inland Empire." God has knit our hearts together in an amazingly short time. Tuesday I trekked northeast to visit Jonathan Lindvall & family. We enjoyed good fellowship and worship together. Jonathan has a gift in facilitating praise to our King. Wednesday I drove to the San Jose area and met my brother Jeff for dinner. Then I went on to my western base, a Christian men's house near Oakland in which my good friend Dale has lived for several years. I have stayed there before and gotten to know Fred, the brother who owns the house. Thursday was a day of rest and doing odds and ends like laundry. That evening I went to my brother Jeff's big band practice. Seventeen musicians including 2 trombones- my brother's instrument. He started playing in elementary school. Also had the blessing of connecting via phone with Matt from Conn. I am greatly encouraged by what God is doing in his life. Friday night Dale and I enjoyed some good fellowship including a lengthy walk. Those who have read prior entries know that I like to take constitutionals. I don't often get the chance to do it with someone else. Saturday morning I left for Sacramento and met up with Brian and his family. Although we had barely met at a house church conference some years before we have enjoyed some edifying conversation. I believe God has a more expansive role for him to play in the future. Tomorrow I have the privilege of gathering with their group and to give a teaching i've been sitting on for awhile. "God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne." (Ps. 47:8 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment